Skip to content

Public Works Department

60 & 66 Peter Road
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
P:(203) 262-0622
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm

Service Requests

To help keep our town safe we encourage citizens to report incidents or issues that they encounter in Southbury.

Please note that many issues are not necessarily handled by Southbury Public Works Department but by State Departments or Utilities Companies. Below you will find additional links to help you report the problem. Reporting a problem to a right agency will bring attention, and hopefully resolution, to the issue faster.

If it is an emergency, please dial 911. For all non-emergency issues please follow the appropriate link.

To report issues related to Town roads, parks, sidewalks, streetlights (traffic and decorative), signs, trees, plants, lawns, town buildings, etc., click Request Service:

request service icon

You can also contact the Public Works department by calling (203) 262-0622 during office hours. Reporting incidents will make our town a safer community. Thank you for your help.

To check the status of your request, click Check Request:

check request icon

To report issues related to State roads contact Connecticut Department of Transportation Southbury Office at 203-264-5383 go to Online Service Requests to Connecticut Department of Transportation.

State roads in Southbury:

  • Route 6 (Main Street North)
  • Route 67 (Roxbury Rd and Southford Rd)
  • Route 172 (South Britain Rd)
  • Route 188 (Strongtown Rd and Quaker Farms Rd)
  • Kettletown Rd

To report issues related to Streetlights on the State roads and properties contact Eversource at Streetlight Repair Request.

To report a Power Outage go to Eversource online or call Eversource at 1-800-286-2000.

To report Environmental concerns or problems, contact Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. Scroll down to a table listing a variety of concerns or problem topics like illegal dumping, state parks and trails conditions or wildlife issues: Report Environmental Concerns and Problems.

State Parks in Southbury:

  • Kettletown State Park
  • Larkin State Bridle Trail
  • Lake Zoar State Boat Launch
  • Southford Falls State Park
  • Waldo State Park

To report Public Health issues or submit complaints, contact the Housatonic Valley Health District at 203-264-9616 ext. 0.

Example of public health issues:

  • Environmental (sewage/septic; water; public swimming areas/pools; air quality; lead; garbage; rodents);
  • Restaurants/food service;
  • Salons (hair/nails);
  • Housing issues: (rental dwellings, i.e. lack of heat; lack of water; sewage issues);
  • Hazardous waste (i.e. disposal of hypodermic needles);
  • Information regarding rabies and/or laboratory testing of animals, including bats;
  • Tick testing (Lyme Disease): sample submission/drop off procedure.

To report Water Emergencies:

  • Aquarion Water Company customers: call 1-800-732-9678 or visit Aquarion website.
  • Heritage Village Water Company customers: call 203-264-8100.

To report Cable/Phone issues:

Call Before You Dig - call 800-922-4455 or go to

Still don’t know who to contact about your issues? Please call Southbury Public Works Department at (203) 262-0622 during office hours.